Here is an interesting role reversal!!! Now this is what is expected from you as a client. In conclusion you are the paying agent; it is you who should be more concerned about RESULTS. It does not matter if you are asked to hold high expectations of your own actions for the sake of your business. Leave your ego outside and make every process work…. Remember these 5 points before you engage a service provider.
1. Prior to any discussion ask your provider to Audit your online presence. Possibly a FREE Audit!!! Make sure all your online assets like websites, e-collaterals and presentational materials are web friendly.
2. Clearly understand the elements that measure your business!!! What is your current setup ready for?? SEO, or are you already ready for a strong SMO…When are you ready for paid campaigns??? Is your process ready to support any initiatives commencing on social media??? (e.g. many times business think they can distribute or sell outside only to find certain cost constraints). Bite what you can Chew!!!
3. Does your business own good contents??? Contents on site, on collaterals, on your presentational items and on all your communiqués. Are these contents original??? Do you have the ability to provide fresh contents regularly?? You are the owner of your product or concept…you should know its contents…draft it and provide it to the service provider. If not, ask the service provider if they content development capabilities. Folks, “CONTENT IS KING”!!! If you have no content, no good content or lack off of it, you are waiting for a fall in your digital results. Don’t waste your money.
4. Be ready to capture all the leads coming thru social activities and be in control!! Your conventional sales team also should be well averse to the digital process and activities. They should be engaged with the digital team to identify the lead and convert into sale. They should be present in all discussions and give certain tips and get certain tips to make sure each and every lead generated are approached and possibly converted.
5. ASSIGN A BUDGET!!! Dont ever expect results if you don’t have a habit of assigning budget for the intended activity. Please assign a budget for your digital marketing and then negotiate with the service provider for better deal. Please don’t negotiate and then set your budget.