More than the process of online marketing, keeping the knowledge and your understanding simple and clear is of the utmost importance. Have a clear 20 ft view of what your business might require and how digital marketing methodologies will be applied.
1. A simple organic process of online marketing commences with Search Engine Optimization (what is called SEO). To make you better understand, I always equate this to conventional marketing for any business or startups. For early part of brand recognition one approaches Chamber of Commerce, Networking Groups, Associations, Incubators. One prepares a generic collaterals and pitch prior to shaking hands. You throw the brand out there to be noticed via such connecting activities!!! Well, similarly the SEO process begins with tagging and linking of the site on page and off page, choosing of keywords, registering it in all appropriate and applicable online forums, groups and directories…a laborious, continuous and mundane process that helps the early brand recognition. It is needed in most of any process to make sure the site and its contents are marinated in the system and the selected keywords are staying connected to pull searches to the respective page or website. To make future activities effective a continuous SEO on a sustained level is very important.
2. Now, conventionally after the business mixing, one identifies specific groups or companies of interest and creates a customized initiative of meets, demos, call to action to impress on numerous platforms of entertainment, presentations, seminars, etc. Similarly the traffic that is generated by SEO then needs to be converted into a qualified traffic. A qualified traffic shows its interest in the content and the site. Such qualified traffic should be now kept engaged with an initiative ridden Social Media Optimization (SMO). Engaging activities can be initiated on multiple platforms like FaceBook,Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and numerous other applicable platforms that fit the strategy drafted. These activities can generate interest among the targeted audience and one can use “call to action” features to convert the qualified traffic to a potential lead to convert into a sale.
3. On conventional means having connected to interested groups and companies’, one would assign an advanced strategy to woe a potential customer with money or gimmes!!! Similarly a well sustained SEO and a well strategized SMO will yield a qualified group of leads which can be wooed with any or many of the paid activities like pay per click (PPC), cost per click (CPC), Google’s Adsense or Adwords campaign, paid advt online within the forums and groups that commits qualified leads that can be quickly converted into sales. One gets access to qualified eyeballs to capture interest and pitch
4. Please keep your understanding simple. Discuss with your service provider. Spend time to create content on your call to action or sales or important product differentiation features. Ask your service provider to keep the process simple and continuous. Ask for reports and understand the contents of reports closely. Ask for upcoming month’s activities and plan of action from your service provider. Always…Always….please maintain a “BUDGET” for your digital marketing for at least 6 months…there has to be a minimum budget under any circumstances.
5. Now setup that call with your digital vendor and create a SIMPLE plan!!!